The weather has actually shown a few signs of Fall in the air!! I know we are looking forward to a bit cooler temps since we all seem to have had some unusually hot days around here.
I could not resist putting out the new pillow covers for my Fall changes. So a few days ago I began.....
The reason I kept the sofa pillows subtle in pattern is because the main star of the pillows for fall is this fabric....
A nice deep indigo background seemed perfect for my room. I love a good Chinoiserie and this one just felt right to me. This one fabric created the mood, style and color scheme for the room. I like to call elements that have this quality a combiner fabric or combiner element, because it pulls everything together. Without it the room would not make sense......
You will also notice I added a nice nubby throw to the ottoman that continues pulling together the colors in the room in a subtle manner. There is no gold in this piece, that would have been one step to far towards contrived, IMHO.
I especially love how this pattern looks in my black bobbin chair.
It's interesting how the room changes a bit in the night time lighting. The golds become warmer the blues become a bit moodier. It all makes me feel warm and cozy, just the look I wanted for the upcoming cooler months.
In the upcoming weeks I will be adding a few more touches. Maybe a touch of wheat to bring out the gold and some eucalyptus as a nice contrast with it's soft green, and of course the white and blue/green pumpkins that always say FALL to me.
Love this time of year and all of it's beauty it has to offer. Remember to always.......











EmoticonEmoticon