Monday, August 23, 2010

Is Decorating For FALL Hard For YOU??

Tags

Decorating for Fall can be hard for me. Don’t get me wrong. I love the fall as far as the crispness in the air and the changing colors of nature. The reason it is hard for me is because my design aesthetics lean towards a fresh, spring look. Using the existing colors in my home, which consist of:

  1. Maize yellow
  2. Spring greens
  3. Porcelain blues
  4. Watermelon pinks
  5. Black and white
As you can see more Spring-like than Fall! I still embrace the Fall season by doing something that has helped me over the years and it makes it much easier to make changes in my home.

I think of the colors of fall that I do enjoy, the textures  and the elements that I enjoy. Then I make a list!!!
  1. Wooden bowls
  2. Wooden turned candlesticks
  3. Wooden cutting boards
  4. Clear apothecary jars filled with beans in black, white and split peas for my pop of green.
  5. Pomegranates with their wonderful pinky red color
  6. Eucalyptus wreaths or leaves for the soft green
  7. Cream colored candles
  8. Basil colored candles
  9. Black silhouettes
  10. Crisp red and green apples
  11. Brass candlesticks that glow
  12. Pumpkins and gourds in white and greens
  13. Touches of cheetah print in pillows or throws
  14. Black lampshades in place of my crisp white shades
  15. Mums in white, purples and golden yellow
  16. Clay pots
  17. Artwork with black backgrounds or black frames
  18. Textural baskets
  19. Bakelite silverware
  20. Lanterns
  21. Nuts and acorns
  22. Branches in vases
  23. Leaf prints
By having a list of elements that are pleasing to my "Spring eye", I can bring warmth and texture to my home for the Fall season.
What would you put on your list?

“Enjoy the Process” Of:
Thinking of Fall elements to bring into your home!
Kathysue


EmoticonEmoticon