I plan on cleaning out my closet this weekend. It is going to be a really hot weekend around here so I think staying in the air conditioned house is the answer for me.
Our weather was so strange this year that I still have long sleeved blouses and T-shirts hanging in my closet. Time to bring in the Summer clothes.
I remember reading that we will subconsciously decorate our homes like we dress. Have you ever heard or read that? I use to beg to differ because I had all kinds of different styles and colors going on in my closet when I was younger( do you think maybe I had an identity crisis going on?)
As I have become older I seem to dress more classic, or at least I hope I do. Now, when I look in my closet I can see that whomever wrote that article was right. In my closet you will see a lot of black and white. The colors in my closet will consist of yellow, lime, pink/red, blue. Hmmm!?? This sounds vaguely familiar to my home doesn’t it? The patterns are usually striped or checks or just solids,hmmmmm!?? This also sounds vaguely familiar.
I love when I visit others blogs and they match an outfit with a room. There are some really talented bloggers out there. I am so amazed at how close they can come to matching a room with clothing.
I thought it would be fun for me and, hopefully for you to find some rooms that remind me of some of my clothes.
Wednesday, June 16, 2010
Do Your Clothes Ever Remind You Of A Room?
Tags
I got this dark blue and white top at Macy’s. It is sooo comfortable and cool. It looks great with a pair of white jeans. I think everything looks great with a pair of white jeans, though.
Love the black and white Imperial trellis pattern. I just happen to have a blouse that this reminds me of. This is a go-to blouse that I wear with dress black pants.
After looking at this image, I probably should have ironed my shirt!!
This is one cute laundry room. I love the freshness of the pink and white stripes. It reminds me of my pink and white striped cotton shirt. I have a black and white and a blue and white striped shirt also, go figure!!
In the summer time I like to wear knit, light weight dresses around the house. This room reminded me of a green Ikat print dress I have with brown beading around the neck. It is a long dress and fun to wear in the summer with brown tortoise sandals.
I love the color blush. You know it is not pink and it is not peach- just a soft shade of both. I love how it looks with white or a soft gray. My summer blush top with sequins reminded me of this room with its soft shimmer.
Room by David Bromstad
I wear a lot of this acid or citron yellow. It is a color that I truly enjoy wearing and it has become a mainstay in my wardrobe.
Love this tunic top and it's unusual color combination. This was a bit hard to find a room to go with it , but I think the room reflects the colors and feel of my top, don't you?
I only did a few pieces out of my closet but it was really fun finding rooms that reminded me of the pieces. You should try it!!
“Enjoy the Process” Of:
Finding rooms that remind you of your wardrobe.
Kathysue
Artikel Terkait
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

.jpg)
EmoticonEmoticon